2017! Bring on the new year with health and happiness. I had a baby last year. So 2017 is is the year for me to get the baby weight off. I want to also get my health in check and that means making a lot better choices when eating and trying to get more veggies and fiber in my diet.
When 4pm hits, my cravings can sing a different tune than the celery sticks and rice cakes I should be reaching for. That is when I hit a slump for the day. I have been up since 6am chasing a little munchkin and working every chance I can squeeze in. A piece of chocolate and a Coca-cola have been my go-to to get me through that slump and they taste so good.
I made a perfect snack that tastes so delicious and is good for me too and even better, fits into my diet. You have got to try my recipe for Carrot Raisin Bran muffins. They are so good, the crack my cravings and I can feel good about eating them. I can eat them in the afternoon, or have them first thing in the morning for a yummy breakfast with my cup of tea.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups Post Raisin Bran cereal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 400. In a medium bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir oil, egg, and sugar into cereal mixture. Fold in flour mixture. Fold in carrots. Divide batter among cups. Sprinkle with crushed pecans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in tin 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack; let cool completely, or serve warm.
Want a coupon to save on your Raisin Bran? Click here.
Latest posts by Erin Kennedy (see all)
- Elderflower Cocktail: Drinks With the Girls Spring Edition - March 28, 2017
- Hot Shaved Turkey Cutlet Sandwiches with Brown Sugar & Butter Sauce - February 21, 2017
- Carrot Raisin Bran Muffins - January 4, 2017
- Watermelon Kiwitini – Girl’s Night In – #Mixedwithtrop - November 18, 2016