Chicken for me is the perfect main dish for spring or summer and entertaining. When I think of bbq’s or picnics, a good chicken is always a crowd pleaser. There are so many ways to make chicken to please the masses, but I have found a recipe for chicken that is quick to prepare, not too expensive and also looks like an elegant dish.
I had threw a Farm-to-Table Potluck and wanted to make my Garlic Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Peas in a Chardonnay sauce. The sauce is so delicate and delicious and it goes perfect with the tender meat of the chicken thigh.
I have never made chicken thighs before, so I was a little intimidated. I wanted to use the thighs because they are so versatile. They are almost impossible to overcook and dry out. That can always be a problem for me because I always want to make sure my chicken it cooked all the way through. With chicken thighs, it is a more forgiving cut.
I went with the bone-in skinless chicken thigh. I wanted to keep the bone in for easier eating since I was making this dish for a potluck. It can be eaten with your hands, or a fork and knife. Whichever your guests prefer.
The sauce with this dish compliments the chicken thighs in a way that you will want to lick your plate. The fresh vegetables of the mushrooms and english peas makes it a perfect dish. The sauce is a savory heaven that is perfect for the juicy chicken
If you are a fan of a crisp refreshing Chardonnay, you will love this sauce. The wine I used was 2012 Katherine’s Vineyard Chardonnay from Cambria winery. I made this dish for a Farm-to-Table Potluck event that was hosted by Cambria. I love their wine because it was the perfect Chardonnay for this sauce and when you pair this wine to drink with this dish, your guests will love you.
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Katherine's Vineyard Cambria Chardonnay
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 1/2 cup english peas
- 1 pint whole cremini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large pan, on medium heat add butter and olive oil. Peal garlic cloves from the head of garlic and sauté until lightly brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add to pan with oil and butter. Sauté on med-high heat to get brown the outside of the chicken thighs. Turn and brown on other side. Once both sides are browned, you will want to cook the chicken through. Cover with lid and cook for 20 minutes until chicken cooked all the way through.
- Once chicken is cooked through, removed from pan and set aside. We will make sauce with chicken drippings.
- To the pan add chicken broth and wine. Simmer for 10 minutes or until 1/2 reduced. Add mushrooms and cooked until tender. When ready to serve, add Peas. Add chicken to sauce, or pour over chicken and serve.
This recipe was part of the Farm-to-Table event I put together with Cambria Winery.
Looking for more recipes from this potluck? You can check out my recipe for Grilled Artichokes with White Wine Garlic Dip here.
Latest posts by Erin Kennedy (see all)
- Carrot Raisin Bran Muffins - January 4, 2017
- Watermelon Kiwitini – Girl’s Night In – #Mixedwithtrop - November 18, 2016
- How to Make and Store Homemade Baby Food - October 13, 2016
- Creamy Skillet Lasagna Pasta - September 8, 2016