The classic criss-cross cookie gets an update with cashew butter, chocolate and sprinkles!
Hi, My Cooking Spot readers. It’s Megan – The Emotional Baker!
As you know I’m a granola lover, but my other obsession is cookies! The majority of the recipes I’ve shared on my blog are cookies, so I figured it was only right that I shared a cookie recipe with you!
These Criss-Cross Cashew Butter Cookies are very similar to the classic peanut butter cookie, except with a fun update including chocolate and sprinkles! I used to love peanut butter, but something’s up with my tastebuds and I’ve been resorting to homemade nut butters, like this one, almond butter and cashew butter.
Here are some tips for perfect cookies:
- For equal cookies, use a kitchen scale. I’m a little obsessed with exact and equal portions. I always weigh the entire portion of dough and then divide into the number of cookies I want to make.
- I always use parchment paper instead of a Silpat liner because I find it yields better results.
- These cookies will not look done when the timer goes off, but will continue to bake as they cool.
- For easier chocolate dipping, add a smidge of canola oil to smooth and thin the chocolate. While holding the cookie, use your other hand to lightly tap the hand holding the cookies. This removes excess chocolate. Place cookies on a parchment or wax lined pan. You can use the same one you used for baking – as long as it’s cooled sufficiently!
Hope you love these!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup cashew milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + more as needed
- 1 tsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In measuring cup or medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a fork to combine sugar, brown sugar, canola oil and vanilla extract. Add cashew butter and mix to combine. Stir in cashew milk.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid and mix well.
- Divide dough into 48 equal pieces. Roll into balls. Use a fork to create a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Leave on baking sheet 10 minutes. Then transfer to wire racks to complete cooling.
- Once cookies have completely cooled, melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl at 50 percent power in 30 second increments. Once melted, stir in canola oil. Dip cookies in chocolate. Place cookies on a parchment or wax paper lined pan. Add sprinkles. Place in refrigerator and allow cookies to set. Once set, wrap cookies individually in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator if kitchen is warm.