Hello everyone, I am Chidinma from Fruitful Kitchen. I am very glad to have my first guest post featured on My Cooking Spot. Now let’s see what I bring to you today!
A month ago, when my friends invited me to dinner, I thought it would be just an ordinary night- classic meal (nothing too much), wine, and conversation. Luckily for me, that couldn’t be further from the truth, because that night I fall in love with a wonderful dish – Chicken Fingers with Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce.
Ever since I’ve been trying out various recipes to get the perfect taste, and I’ve finally come across the one that gives all I want. I simply had to share it with you guys, so you can also get a chance to wake up all your senses.
This is the meal that simply makes your dinner time memorable, with its crunchy coating of breaded chicken and a lovely combination of honey and mustard. Needless to say, the second you try out this recipe, your life will never be the same again. Now let’s see how to make this perfect meal!
Oven “Fried” Chicken Fingers with Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce
Number of Servings: 3-5 / Prep Time: 15 min / Cooking time: 15 min
The Ingredients List
- 2 Pounds chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- Peanut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 Cup flour (all-purpose)
- 2 Cups bread crumbs (panko)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper
- ½ salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ Cup honey
- ½ Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- First, you need to preheat oil (350 degrees F) so you it can be ready for frying.
- After that, you should carefully chop chicken breasts so you get nice, long strips that will look terrific on your plate. Leave them aside, and move on to the next step.
- You'll need two medium bowls, one for eggs and the other for flour. Grab three eggs and beat into the bowl. After that put the one cup of flour into another bowl.
- For this step, it's best to use a shallow bowl, for convenience. Measure panko bread crumbs into the bowl and after that add lemon-pepper, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Make sure that you've added all the ingredients to not spoil the taste of the dish.
- So, after these mundane steps, it’s time for real work. Now you get the chance to make the dish just perfect but you have to be focused and patient, don’t rush the process.
- This is a three-step process and it goes in the following order: the flour, the eggs, and panko (you can do it). So, dip those chicken strips into the flour, then into eggs and finally into the panko.
- Just to mention, don’t forget any of these steps otherwise, the dinner won't be so great.
- The last step to making this terrific meal is (logically) frying. Now you’re going to need the preheated oil. Fry in the hot oil between 6 and 8 minutes, it depends on your oven. Basically, when the chicken is done, it will have a beautiful golden brown color. After it’s done, place it on a paper towel. You should follow this step, otherwise, the chicken will be oily.
- So, to make that sauce you’ll need a small bowl. Mix the ingredients (from the list above) in the bowl and add salt and pepper.
- The best part is that you can enjoy the sauce for 1 week, you just have to put it in the refrigerator.
- Now that you’ve successfully completed this process, it’s time to serve chicken with that amazing honey mustard sauce and enjoy dinner like never before.
Like we already said, this dish is just perfect for dinner, whether you are dining with your friends or with your partner. It should be definitely served while it’s still hot because that way you will fully enjoy the wonderful combination of chicken and sauce.
Also, keep in mind that the sauce can be held for 7 days in the refrigerator, so no need to worry if you have to throw away the unused part.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to buy all the ingredients and start making your new favorite dish. Be patient while preparing, and have a lot of fun. There is no doubt that you’re going to love this delicious Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Sauce.
We’d appreciate your opinion about this recipe so don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below. Also, feel free to share the article with your friends so they can also enjoy this fantastic meal. Now if you want to take a walk on the wild side, how about a crazy home-cooked meal with pork scallopine?
Latest posts by Chidinma Zee (see all)
- Oven “Fried” Chicken Fingers with Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce - October 20, 2016