Hi y’all! Becca here from Two Places at Once. I know brussels sprouts may not seem like an exciting recipe, but they are! Stick around and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
I don’t know about y’all, but my schedule lately has been pretty hectic. I feel like it was just June and I blinked and it’s November all of the sudden! While I love the fall, I feel like this year has flown by without being able to savor it. Finally, this weekend, I got to take a breather. My husband and I spent much needed time with friends on Friday night. On Saturday, we watched so much college football, did tons of yard work and enjoyed a date night at the movies. Then Sunday was reserved for our meal prep! It was fabulous to get to relax and go in to the week more prepared than usual.
Because we prepare most of our meals on Sundays, I try to include a big batch of one veggie that can compliment that main dishes we make. For this week, I couldn’t help but make brussels sprouts since they’re in season. I love this recipe in particular because the mustard sauce is fabulous on the sprouts! Plus, they’re topped with bacon, so you really can’t go wrong.
What are some of your favorite sides to prepare during the fall?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon full grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, stems removed and cut in half
- 4 slices bacon, previously cooked and diced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except for brussels sprouts and bacon. Whisk together until the mix comes together.
- Place the brussels sprouts in a separate bowl and top with mustard mix. Toss thoroughly to evenly coat the brussels sprouts.
- Pour the brussels sprouts on to the baking sheet in one layer. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring at the halfway point.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, add the bacon and serve!
Adapted from How Sweet Eats