A healthy and hearty breakfast idea! Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins are a delicious way to start your day. Perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast!
These muffins are gluten free and so good for you! The only sugar is in the chocolate chips, so to make them even healthier you could use dark chocolate or omit the chips.
Do you get bored with the same old breakfast over and over again? I know I do! It’s easy to fall into a rut with easy options like cereal or instant oatmeal. Every now and then I mix things up by baking something that I can eat for the next few days, like these muffins.
- 3 cups (dry, uncooked) oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 12-count muffin tin with liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Put 1 1/2 cups of the oats in the blender and blend into a flour-like consistency. Pour the oat flour into a large bowl. Add in the rest of the oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg. Add in the maple syrup, oil, vanilla and bananas. Mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into the muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until browned.
Pin the image below to save this recipe!