If you can get served breakfast in bed, you, my friend, are luckyyyyyy!
I’ve enjoyed it once in my life, and I have to say…it’s my favorite way to eat breakfast. Still warm and cozy, wrapped up in your blankets, and all of a sudden, there’s a delicious plate of food in your lap, encouraging you to wake up and tackle the day.
And if it includes a cocktail like this Strawberry Blood Orange Mimosa, you should know you’re gonna have a great day!
It all starts with a strawberry.
Well, a few of them. Blend them up with a little bit of fresh orange juice.
Not just any juice, though. Blood orange juice.
Blood oranges are a lovely, romantic little member of the citrus family, perfectly available just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Mix in a bit of blood orange Spiked Soda (if it’s available in your state,) or strawberry or orange liqueur, and then go to town with the champagne.
The bubbly is even bubblier than usual in this drink, thanks to the acid in the soda. It’s fun to watch it overflow, but don’t waste it!
Those precious bubbles deserve a better tribute.
Can we talk about how perfect this drink is for Valentine’s Day? Pair it with some Tomato & Eggs Florentine, Strawberry Hazelnut Cream Croissants, and a batch of Easy Chocolate Fondue, and you have a brunch that will make your sweetie fall in love with you all over again!
- 3 large strawberries, washed
- Juice of 1 blood orange
- 2 ounces blood orange spiked soda, orange liqueur, or strawberry liqueur
- Blood orange slices, for garnish
- Small strawberries, for garnish
- Combine strawberries and blood orange juice in a blender and puree. Strain if desired.
- Pour 1 1/2 ounces of pureed strawberry mix in a champagne glass. Add 1 ounce spiked soda or liqueur. Top with champagne, pouring carefully to avoid overflow, until glass is filled.
- Garnish glass with slice of orange and strawberry. Serve with breakfast, brunch, or chocolates. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite drink to enjoy with your sweetie on Valentine’s Day?