Start your weekend off right with these delicious Cinnamon Pancakes with Icing. If you’ve never made pancakes from scratch before, you won’t believe how easy it is.
I’m Jenna from A Savory Feast. I took a couple months off of contributing while I adjusted to life with my new baby, but now I’m back!
Have you seen those fancy cinnamon roll pancakes on Pinterest? You know the ones with the fancy cinnamon swirl. If those look a little too complicated to make first thing in the morning, I’ve got an easier recipe!
This recipe takes the cinnamon roll flavor and turn it into an easy pancake breakfast.
Once you see how easy it is to make pancakes from scratch, you might not go back to store bought! It just took a couple of minutes for me to mix these up, with ingredients I already had in the house.
In addition to the icing, you can also top with maple syrup. Or skip the icing and just drizzle with syrup!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl first. In a small bowl, beat the eggs and add in the melted butter and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes while you heat the pan or griddle.
- Pour the batter onto the pan or griddle by the 1/4 cup to make the pancakes. When the pancake is bubbly, flip over. Once the other side is browned, remove from the pan.
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl. Add in the milk, one tablespoon at a time. Stir after each tablespoon to see how the consistency is. You want it to reach a thick, icing consistency.
- Drizzle the icing over the pancakes.